I have been a voracious reader for most of my life. I still read quite a few books and it is not untrue to say that books are my biggest indulgence.
I rarely made notes back in the day. But of late, I feel like I read books, forget the ideas I picked up from them, then go back to re-discovering those ideas all over again. So this page is my attempt to keep a log of what I read and some notes to remind me of the things I enjoyed while reading the book.
The book notes are by no means summaries of the book. They are just ideas/passages that stuck with me at that point in time.
Which book resonates with a person or even which parts of the book resonate with someone are a function of one's age, life experiences and that moment in time. So these notes encapsulate what I felt when I read these books when I read them. If someone stumbles on this and finds them useful, that's just bonus!
- Drop the ball by Tiffany Dufu
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Churchill & Orwell by Thomas E. Ricks
- Improv Wisdom by Patricia Ryan Madison
- Originals by Adam Grant
- What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20 by Tina Seelig
- Adulting by Kelly Williams Brown
- What the Dog Saw: And other adventures by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Road to Character by David Brooks
- Everybody Lies by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- Chaos Monkeys by Antonio García Martínez